What is wrong with my child?!

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! My daughter is so horribly clung to me 24/7. Thanks to her I now have many health issues (cause by holding urine too long, not eating, not sleeping...) We live in a duplex and the ppl on the side of us have called CPS over 20 times now because they hear the way she screams, at the top of her lungs. They thought someone was hurting her horribly. Of course CPS found nothing against me. But anyways, she is 2. I can not move from the couch in the living room or she gets furious. She will just stand there and scream at the top of her lungs until I sit back down. In this horrible mental state I am in, and being so tired of dealing with CPS, I gave in completely and have prevented myself as much as possible from moving. I had her evaluated 4 times now, no one can find anything mentally wrong with her. She has never been "spoiled" she used to know that she doesnt get her own way...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Oh honey, you really need a parenting class. You need to learn how to interact with your child. Play games, dance, sing songs, have a tea party, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• She just started acting this way maybe 2 months ago. Nothing drastic has happened in her life. Our rountine hasnt been changed at all. She still eats and plays and acts normal...as long as I am sitting on this stupid couch. Someone please...help me figure out what I can do to fix this...
    Anonymous

• Can you sign her up for something? Daycare a few hours a day? A gymnastics class? She needs to do something on her own.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Has she been evaluated for Autism?
    Anonymous

• Ok rkoloms...I am supposed to give up all the things that I NEED to do in order to live just to interact with my child? I play with her constantly. WHat I am saying is, if I leave the room she screams...like someone is hurting her. I can do NOTHING for myself. This is okay? Normal? I am supposed to give up eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom just to make my child happy? Im sorry, I dont think so.
    Anonymous

• Yes she has been evaluated for autism twice now. Nothing. She is a very smart, well behaved child. Besides being stuck to me 24/7.
    Anonymous

• You could plan activities that involve other children like go to the park or maybe walk around the mall. You can't let a child control your life.

Anonymous

• There has to be an underlying problem. You can not continue to let this happen. If you do there is a chance you will resent your own child. NOW is the time to do something. As hard as it is you need to put your foot down with your child. In a few years she will be starting school then what? You will not be able to go to school with her. Good luck, I wish I knew what else to tell you.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I actually think Rkoloms is on the right track. If for nothing else a parenting class would be good for validation that you are doing things right. No one is saying you are a bad parent, but there may be different things that you could try that the instructor can suggest.
    If your neighbors are so CPS happy, I would move to a house, without a neighbor sharing walls.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I am sure it is just a phase...Can you try by taking her with you while doing what you need to do? I mean if she is stuck like glue to you there is not much you can do I would say try talking to her but for some kids it works and for some it doesn't so either do everything you have to do with her or just sit on the couch and let her run all over you. It is teally your fault bc you never put a stop to this all this is still new 2 months into it I'd suggest you put your foot down and try to use words to communicate.
    Like Mommy needs to go potty would you like to go potty? Or Mommy wants to go eat Do you want to eat with mommy? If none of this works try pretending with her with her dolls, stuff animals as if they were talking to her try anything...Be very open with her so she may understand what you are trying to say, she will not learn anything just sitting on couch and having her way with you. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2010