What is a good idea for a 2 year old birthday party (boy)?

My son's bday is in less than 3 months. I have no idea what to do. Any ideas? My first thought was Chucky Cheese. lol

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 3:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my twins turned two, I rented a bouncer and had the party at home. The kids all had a great time, and I didn't have to pack a bunch of stuff to take it somewhere. I just had cupcakes, snacks, and drinks. The adults sat and visit while the kids played. Also, we had the bouncer for half a day, so my kids got some time with the whole thing to themselves after the party was over. It worked out great for us. I'm thinking I may do the same thing next year except maybe order some pizza instead of having snacks.
    Anonymous

• Chuck E Cheese is ok I guess. The one near me is ghetto so I usually go to the one in the Suburbs.
    Anonymous

• My twins were also invited to a birthday party where they just had a bunch of balloons in a room. The kids went nuts. It was perfect for a cold day and a short (1 1/2 hour) party. They've also been invited to parties at Chuck E. Cheese and another similar place, but the home party was much better in my opinion.

Your 2 yo will love whatever you decide to do, even if it's pretty simple.
    Anonymous

• My mom is planning a Chuck E Cheese party..with or without me so i have no choice lol
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• To me Chuck E Cheese it too old for a 2 year old... the ones we have nearby, have mostly games and such for older children.

How about a good old fashioned at home bday party, where the kids can play and have fun with each other. Pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs, pinata....

What ever you choose... Have fun :))
    Fairegirl33

Answer by Fairegirl33 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• thanks pp. i am thinking of doin that again. we did that for his1st. only thing that bothers me is ill be 20 months preg and i remember how much stress and work the 1st time was. guess i will just have to reach out for help this time! thanks.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 4:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010