Is there anyone who didn't swaddle after the first week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i hardly ever swaddled either of my children. i think it depends on the child, and what he or she likes. swaddling can comfort and calm the baby... but it isnt necessary. both of my children were fine without being swaddled. its up to you and your child. it is fun making them little baby burritos though :)
    Anonymous

• sorry, my kids enjoyed being swaddled and it's not like it's that difficult to do.
    Anonymous

• haha! someone else that calls them baby burritos :D
    Anonymous

• Mine son loved it too much. So, no. Sorry.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My 1st and 4th loved it. My 2nd like it. My 3rd hated it, so yeah pretty much as soon as we were home from the hospital we were out of that.

Answer by missanc at 4:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I am ready to see how great my dh is at swaddling. He swers that he is the best at swaddling. We both have refered to babies that are swaddled to baby burritos. Dh said that he and his ex swaddled for over a month. We are ttc but are putting it on theback burner do to other things happening.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• We swaddled for a couple weeks, but not for too long. My baby loved to move too much. I ended up putting a long, thin (breathable) blanket on her. She would kick it down between feeds and I would cover her up again after eating. Worked well.
    Anonymous

• My dd hated it! No matter who swaddled her she got her arms out and would wiggle out of it! I had one lady tell me I was doing it wrong and Kyla got out of it faster than ever! We didn't swaddle her after the first 48 hours because it was a pain doing it every 3 minutes and hearing her scream when we were done! Some kids just don't like it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• We didn't swaddle at all. My son would fuss if he couldn't get his hands by his face, and then he'd kick the blanket off. My daughter was in the NICU for 10 days, during which she had various monitor cords attached, so she couldn't be swaddled. And she also liked (and still likes, at 8 months) to sleep with her hands by her face. So no swaddling. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• We still swaddle, and he's almost 7 monthso old.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010