Has anyone experienced a positive experience with a "version" to turn a breech baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doctor refused to do one. She said they can actually cause more trauma than good, and hasnt seen one successfully work... My daughter turned at 38 weeks, so they scheduled a c-section for me at 39.2...

I went swimming. I drank juice. Got on all 4's with my butt up in the air & stayed there. I did every possible thing I could. I ate LOTS of sweets so she would move around a lot. Found out she was breech on a Friday, and that Monday she still hadnt flipped. Scheduled another Dr. appt for that Wednesday.

Went home... stayed in bed those two days. I laid in bed with a ziploc bag full of ice with a towel around it. Babys naturally turn away from the cold, so I hoped to flip her by doing this. I stayed in bed the ENTIRE TIME.

That Wednesday, she had flipped. I was 39 weeks exactly. which was the earliest the doctor could have induced me without a medical reason why. Baby was born that day. 10/10 on APGARS. 7 lb 3 ounces.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Me! A week before she was born vaginally they turned her from toes down to head down.

BTW... I felt like I was bread being kneeded
    Anonymous

• i have read that some OBs/midwives are good at it, others are not so see if you can find someone who has experience and high success rates :) check out spinningbabies.com too gl!
    Anonymous