Face is swollen and i have a headache??

So I have had a headache for a few days now and I looked in the mirror just now and my face is swollen! My hands and feet arent but im wondering what this could be? or am i just being paranoid??

Jordansmom810

Asked by Jordansmom810 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hands and legs are supposed to swell during pregnancy. Face is not. It could be you are going into pre-eclampsia which can being well controlled but can lead to eclampsia which, for niece led to seizure right after birth. So, call your obgyn or whatever doctor you are using. If they are already closed, call the on call number or labor and delivery at the nearest hospital.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 4:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• maybe a sinus infection
    Anonymous

• do you have problems with your teeth? Maybe caused by infection in mouth? or could be sinus...What part of face is swollen?
    grandmaMichelle

Answer by grandmaMichelle at 4:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• could be nothing-swelling during pregnancy is just one of the many hazards- but it could be blood pressure. Run by your local Fire Department and let the check it just to be sure.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• im not smart on this stuff but maybe your allergic to something, think about whats new around yout started, but sinus sounds like a possability too, or even an ear infection unfortunatly all that stuff triggers eachother cause theyre connected eyes, ears nose, teeth throat. I def dont think its just a simple pregnancy symptom though you shopuld see the doc. Good Luck sorry your in pain : (
    youngmum87

Answer by youngmum87 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i had that take tylonal put a cold wash cloth over your eyes if it doesn't go away i would call the doctor maybe they could give you something for it i hope you feel better
    Anonymous

• Headache and swollen face can be something more than an infection or allergies. Call your OB. It COULD be pre-eclampsia. Are you close or over 20 weeks, have you had more than 2 pounds a week weight gain, is your vision blurred. These are some of the signs for it. I would get checked by your Dr.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• pre-eclampsia is high blood pressure. Don't freak out go get it checked for free first then if it's high call you ob.
    Anonymous