dodge durango vs chrysler pacifica.

hubby and i are in the market for a used car to accomodate our growing family. obviously, my husband wants the big, hemi. it's newer than the pacifica by 3 years, seats 7, and has 20,000 less miles on it, however it's a V8 which is going to kill us with gas . but the pacifica is a smaller V6, better fuel efficiency, seating capacity of 6, leather & dvd player. which would you choose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i say drive both see how you like them and base it off of that. these days with newer cars v8 and v6 engines don't differ all that much with gas mileage as they used to.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 4:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Pacifica.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• pacifica for the better mileage - unless you'll be hauling a trailer or anything heavy duty like that.

although parts where I am are much easier to get for the durango than the pacifica (my brother's a mechanic). looked at those before I bought my truck.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• OP-- oops i have some information wrong. the durango is newer by one year and costs 11,900 vs the pacifica at 9,900
    Anonymous

• Honestly, Chrysler sucks. I have a Chrysler and have had nothing but problems with it.

Anonymous

• What about a mini van?
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• OP-- we aren't big fans of minivans. an suv better suits our tastes.
    Anonymous

• I considered the Durango and went with the Pacifica which has a little more style and a little more luxury feel....the Durango felt like a truck. Both are durable multi purpose vehicles, so it is a matter of whether you want some creature comfort or pure hauling capacity. I love my Pacifica, but have found things over time that probably could have been better thought out and engineered, but as Chrysler abandoned the Pacifica with the split with Mercedes....the only ones out there are used and I am always leary of used cars.
    justcurious

Answer by justcurious at 5:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have a 2005 dodge durango with the 3rd row seating,its the v8...we absolutely love it.the gas sucks big time. BUT we got it used and have not had to put a single penny into except for oil changes and tires...normal wear and tear.i love it
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i have a ford escape and i love it. maybe check out one of those.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 5:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2010