How long did you wait til you had your next child?

I know my son is only 2months old but me and my fiance have already been discussing when we want to try to have another baby. I'd really like my kids to be closer in age so that they always have someone to play with and I can keep them at the same school. I was just wondering what the average is for most people. I'd like to have all my kids before Im 30 and I'm really just like " lets get it done now instead of in a few years when all his baby stuff is gone and we have to rebuy everything "

krisholl2285

Asked by krisholl2285 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• we talked about #2 right after #1 was born. it took so long ttc #1 we wanted to start trying asap so that there wasn't a huge age gap.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• DS is 19 months younger than DD.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 4:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My children are ten years apart. It took me that long to get over the horrible experience of pregnancy. Love my kids, HATED being pregnant.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My dhter is 20 months old and Im not sure when I will. Maybe when she starts school at age 3. I cant imagine taking care of 2 at once.
    Anonymous

• well both of my kiddos werent planned we were talking we wanted to have them 2-3 yrs apart... but my son is 2 yrs & my daughter is 1 yr old sooo they are 1 yr and 9 months apart ! but for us birthcontrol didnt work sooo well lol
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 4:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• we talked about it when #1 was 6 months old, but we new we weren't ready for another just yet we were living in a one bedroom apartment DD was in the bedroom while we were in the livingroom we wanted to make sure we had a house with at least 2 rooms before trying for another incase we had a boy. We had another girl lol. We were in the house we are in now for 7 months before I found out I was pregnant with another baby. My oldest just turned 2 then 3 days after her birthday I found out I was pregnant. She turned 3 3 months after the second baby was born so they are close to 3 years apart. But if you know you can do it then I see no problem having another baby. Just remember it takes almost 2 years for your body to fully heal from having a baby
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• 2 year gaps between them all. my dd is turning 4 in feb, my second dd will be 2 in late march, and i'm expecting baby #3 early april.
    Anonymous

• Me and my fiance have been together for 5 years and we had tried to concieve a few times before we finally had out 2mo old, It was actually by chance that we got pregnant, we were going through a rough patch and stopped trying and I got pregnant. We are worried that it will take along time the second time around
    krisholl2285

Answer by krisholl2285 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• We started ttc with second when first was 7 months old and, surprise, surprise, didn't have to try long. They were 15.5 months apart. I like this gap personally. No jealousy issues in the early days (at least for ours), and now they're 16 months and 2.5 and really starting to have fun together. There are ups and downs -- some stages have been really easy, others hard, and it seems to change every month or so. Never a dull moment, that's for sure! Most docs recommend at least a 2 year gap (not 2 years before ttc, but between deliveries -- my midwife would have even supported me if I chose a VBAC If there had been a full 2 years, but with the smaller gap I had, she wouldn't. So that's an issue, but then again technically it's not great for mom's body to have a baby after 35 either, but why should that stop a mom who want's to have a child? For me, other concerns specific to my family weighed more heavily.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• We talked about it right away too, probably before our first was even born. I haven't used any kind of birth control in 6 years. It took us a year to conceive our first and we knew we wanted more. I breastfeed and don't get my period back for 8-10 months and so far my kids have turned out 2 years apart. My first two are 25 months apart and my 2nd and 3rd are going to be 26 months apart. I think it's a good age difference. At 2 and 4 years old the first two are just starting to play well together and it means a lot to me. I always wanted a sibling close to my age and I'm glad my children can have that. They fight a lot too, but nothing too bad, mostly just arguing over toys.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2010