How can I stop losing so much hair?

In the past 6 months or so, I seem like I'm losing WAY too much hair. It has gotten really thin and my hairstylist said it was because it was dry. Does anyone know of something to make it stop? I've started taking vitamins and changed shampoos, so it's not so dry. Anyone have any other suggestions? It's getting really thin.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• Have your iron levels checked. I'm going through the same thing. I recently found out that I'm anemic.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I thought I was bolding for a long time! I lost a lot after having my son and it didnt really start growing back till he was about 10 months old. Now it is all back and he is 17 months. Did you recently give birth?
    mle14boo

Answer by mle14boo at 6:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Get your thyroid checked.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 6:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• get a full set of blood work labs done and drink LOTS of water!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• In the past year did you go through something major like giving birth, major illness or lose a close family member? If so then it is completely normal but if it lasts for 2 years after the event then you need to get it checked out. My hubby went through the same thing.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2008