Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know how to get an american a flight home on a military injury flight? Need a Col or Red cross person...

Hey moms- I need some serious help- I'll make this as short as I can. I have a friend in Germany who is very close to dying of cancer and she needs to get back home. She is with YWAM- a non profit org- and we're trying to see if there's a way we can get her home on a flight with the armed forces from a base in Germany. For her to fly home otherwise could cost close to 15K as she has to have a Dr and nurse accompany her home... they are running out of funds. She is only 26 and needs to get back here for treatment. So the info I'm looking for is a contact person either with the red cross or a Col in the army who could give clearance. Does any one have any info for me? Or ideas? Thanks ladies! Nicole

Answer Question

Asked by nbittermann at 4:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Honestly, I think your best bet may be a direct call to your state senator. Call the news channels..get her story out. It is amazing how quickly help comes when a human interest story is out there. They will need names, phones, Dr's and such to verify facts..but if what you say is true..she should find help that way. Blog on the web, Facebook it, twitter..get it out there.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • Call the Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders.

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.