Ok, so my license is suspended, to get it reinstated to have to go the DMV ...

that I got my license from? Can I get it reinstated in a different state?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Most states check to see if your license is suspended in another state before they issue a license to anyone. So if it is still suspended, that suspension would have to run out before you would be able to reinstate it.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• OP - no, they said that as soon as I pay off the ticket I can get it reinstated. I'm not wanting a new license, I just want to get it reinstated and I'm wondering if I can do so in a different state from the one I got my license in.
    Anonymous

• I would call the DMV in the state the ticket was in, and ask.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• lol, well the ticket was in Kentucky, I have a Florida license, and I am currently in Mississippi.
    Anonymous

• You can't do this online? I can where I live.
    Anonymous

• If you have a FL license, then call the FL DMV. They should be able to give you a definitive answer. Even if you called the KY DMV, they should be able to, too.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• The answer is going to be different for each state. I know here, there are only 4 or 5 BMV branches that have the authority to reinstate a license, while the majority of them are not allowed to handle it. If nothing else, there's probably something you can do through the mail, but you risk them losing your paperwork or not accepting anything that isn't original - catch 22.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• You first need to pay the ticket, then you can get a license in another state.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• "You first need to pay the ticket, then you can get a license in another state."

Please, read OP's posts before answering - it saves you time and energy.
    Anonymous