WTH do guys say things like this?

The question I'm about to ask may make me sound young and naive but I'm going to ask it anyway. I just started talking to a guy from my hometown. Things were all good, conversation was friendly. Then we started texting and having some fun, nothing serious, just messing around, I made that clear from the beginning. Then he starts telling me he misses me, loves me and wants me to have his baby! That stopped me in my tracks, I told him he doesn't even know me well enough to say stupid stuff like that. Of course I don't believe him but I have to wonder what makes guys say stuff like this? It's not like he is some teenage boy, he is almost 30 years old!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• haha..crazy maybe? I've had more than two friends do that to me and I had to simply put them in their place. Mike delt with it easily and was like " oh im just kidding" ..Scott threatened to kill himself..

men are weird..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 5:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• He wants to get in your pants, that's why.
    Anonymous

• Guys can get all infatuated very quickly and THINK that they are in love. Especially when they are not sure if you like them and that makes them want you all the more. It doesn't mean a thing. It doesn't even mean he loves you. I'm usually suspect of a guy who can say that kind of thing so quickly. A guy who has his head on right knows that it takes time to know if you really love someone.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Oh - and since when does a 30 year old guy become more mature than a teenage boy. When it comes to love and sex - most are still teenagers in their minds!
    Anonymous

• He thinks that's what you want to hear, he's a bonehead, he just wants in your pants.
    Anonymous