have you ever tryed the Special K diet?

im on my first day today...my body isnt used to that and got a little light headed but its all good! just wondering if you tryed it and if you ate those bars too?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I LOVE special k red berries, and although I never tried the actual diet I have compared the nutrition facts to a ton of other cereals and this one is by far the best. Plus, when I started eating is every morning instead of bagels and other breakfast foods, I did lose a few pounds without trying the full diet :)
    alexisj19

Answer by alexisj19 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I tried and couldn't do it! I just don't have the willpower. The bars were ok, my fav cereal was the red berries one, then the chocolate.
    Anonymous

• Oh I LOVE the special K stuff.LOL Never did the diet tho.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I tried it.. but i started craving REAL food on like day 2. lol.. I love cereal and bars but having that be just about ALL you eat.. i couldnt do it.. I also had the things you put in the water.. I had a strawberry Special K one.. it was gross.
    I love their cereal alot but i can only stick to it like for breakfast or maybe a snack at night.. not EVERY meal!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I've never tried it I wouldnt make it I love my food to much but if I do want cereal I'll go to Special K && I try to stop the junk food && have a bowl of cereal.
    supermom3806

Answer by supermom3806 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010