Am worried about 11 month old with first cold.. was getting better now isn't

He was getting better (I thought he was anyway his nose stopped running so much and he wanted to eat solids again and slept all night Wednesday) but now he has a bad sounding cough.. He also won't eat solids much (nurses a lot) and has slept a lot more during the day not at night so much last night lol.. No fever.. just this cough now.

Should I take him to urgent care tomorrow (since our doc office doesn't have weekend hours) or wait and see how the cough goes and maybe take him to his doctor on Monday if it gets worse / he develops a fever? I'm only more concerned because he was getting better and now isn't and actually seems worse than he did before..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if i was you, i would definatly take him in because my 7 month old son caught a virus called bronchillitis, which to us is just a cold, but when under 2 - it can be bad. he had a really bad cough & runny nose, didnt wanna eat, all that stuff.. anyway, he had to go on a nebulizer and the DR said if we didnt get him on the nebulizer when we did, it could have ended up bad.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• If he's nursing a lot i wouldn't worry that much because he's still getting what he needs... and he doesn't have a fever so thats good.. but it depends how long he's been sick.. if u could afford to take him in i would just in case
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 7:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2010