I'm about 33 weeks pregnant and having some random period-like cramps. This is my first baby and just wondering if these are contractions I'm feeling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like some early ones.. If they last more than 30 min, go to the hospital to get checked out. I went into premature labor at 34 weeks and it felt like period cramps. They'll hook you up to a monitor and see if what you're feeling are true contractions or not. If they are, they will give you some medicine to stop contractions and possibly put you on moderate bedrest. GL
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 6:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i would call your doc and explain everything thats going on.

I had period like cramps when pregnant(around 5 months) my doc first told me to drink 32oz of water, and lay down on my left side....and to call back if it didn't get better. When i called back she told me to go into labor and delivery, i was going into preterm labor, and was giving medication.

Its always better to call you doc then to ignore something if you aren't sure about it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have menstrual cramp pains around that time. But you should still call your doctor.
    That's all my labor consisted of once I did have my baby.
    Anonymous

• sounds like braxton hicks. totally normal to have these kind of contractions as long as they aren't coming a bunch per hour
    Anonymous