What strange subject(s) have you become an expert on through work?

Friend and I were talking about this the other day - we both know more about repossession, collections law, vehicle impounds, bankruptcy, and any other related thing that can come up in the process of people defaulting on their car loans, just because we both happened to take clerical jobs for a loan company and work our way up. She has a theater background and I have one in education, but here we are.

What do you know all about that you never imagined you would?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• CHEMISTRY of cleaning products and "Green" products

I have an MFA in Writing. I hated chemistry. HATED it. I can tell you about the chemical bonds of any stain in your home. Gross.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My grandmother owns an organic farm so I could tell you anything you want to know about that, even though I have never actually worked there longer than a few months. And, I know an awful lot about loan processing, and banking. I worked at a bank for about 8 months, but I advance very quickly, so even though I am in food service now, I am still the one people come to for financial advice
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• drugs and alcohol after working as an admin. assistant for a treatment center.

Anonymous

• fellatio

Anonymous

• I know more about how people mess up their kids than I want to know. I am a teacher and much of what I come up against in the classroom was not taught in college or even my masters. I feel like I know when a family is going to split before the neighbors/friends do- its written all over the faces of the kids and in the sudden interest in the childrens progress from the parent about to leave and wants custody!

I did laugh at what you know about car loans, etc.... I have a friend in collections and what she knows about the law could fill a book! She could be a lawyer (or consumer adviser)
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 6:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Personal lube, adult toys & novelties, & the porn industry (including business relations, sale, etc etc). I worked in 3 different adult novelty & porn shops LOL. However, it was combined with taking Psychology classes & I mixed the two & found that I now want to become a Sex Therapist & Personal Relations Counselor LOL. I am now majoring in Human Sexuality & Sexual Psych because of my work experience LOL. To think, when I was a kid I just wanted to be a teacher!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Fraud. I'm an auditor.
    Anonymous

• Foreclosures. Laws regarding personal property, etc.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Bizzare, but ask me anything about above, or inground pools, from prices to installation and filters heaters and chemicals...or ask me about pool table sales, installation refelting, releveling, parts, service you name it. Weird huh?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I could probably build you a house from the ground up. :-) not because of my job but what my husband does. :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 7:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010