MY DAUGHTER IS 3YRS OLD AND STILL ISNT POTTY TRAINED

danielsjen

Asked by danielsjen at 6:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put her in panties. She'll stop having accidents when she realizes the diapers are being taken away for good. Trust me on this one. I've potty trained several 3 year-olds with this same issue.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Mine is 3 as well, she's about 75% there. Keep working, keep trying, it has to happen eventually.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My daughter was in diapers until she was four; she was tying her shoes and reading, and I threatened to make her wash her own diapers.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my dd was 3 almost 4 before she was potty trained it took us putting her in panties becuase the pull-ups still felt like diapers to her!!
    brandy2186

Answer by brandy2186 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• yep go cold turkey on the diapers. It will be a month or 2 of hell but it will work!
    whitrashwedding

Answer by whitrashwedding at 7:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I agree with the others, make the decision, get the panties & get started.

Our first 3, were all potty trained, including night time, by 2yrs. Our youngest is 3 & wasn't the slightest bit interested in potty training. We tried a few months ago & got nowhere. This past Monday, I put her in her panties, told her no more diapers (except at night) & we told her every time she went potty in the big girl potty, she'd get an M & M. Since then, she's peeing & pooping in the potty on her own (only 3 accidents all week) and even during nap time she stays dry in her panties. The M & M's have been gone for a couple of days now, but she continues to use the potty regularly anyway. We still clap & cheer everytime she goes, but, she acts like it's no big deal now, like it's old news.

This was the first time we had to resort to bribery, but it worked like a charm!

Best wishes!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2010