Have you ever had a hernia during pregnancy?

I developed a hernia when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was a little lump right above my belly button. I am not pregnant with my third child and it has grown and is causing me pain. The doctor said theres nothing he can do which is understandable cause I am pregnant. He said the farther along I get my uterus will move everything out of the way and it wont bother me. But the pain and discomfort is getting worse and it had gotten bigger since the last time I saw him. I am very scared and have no clue what will happen. I didnt know what a hernia was exactly until last night when I looked it up on web md.

Can you please share with me your hernia story and what kind of treatment you recieved during and after pregnancy?

MamaCass05

Asked by MamaCass05 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have one during pregnancy. I did have mine surgically repaired when I was younger. I'm dealing with scar tissue adhesions on my uterus from the surgery which really sucks while your baby is kicking around.

You must hurt a lot. It is safe to rub arnica gel on the spot topically. You can get it at the health-food store. Totally safe for you and baby.

Blessings of health to you both!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I don't know if I had it during my pregnancy, but I just had my 2nd and LAST child 7 mos. ago. I found out that due to his and my daughter's weights being so large and I'm so small plus I had c-sections that I now suffer from separation of my rectus abdominus muscles which tore and created an umbilical hernia under my belly button. I'm now awaiting approval from my insurance to undergo corrective surgery to fix this because it is causing me a lot of internal problems.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 6:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010