Toddler sign language?

Does anyone know of any websites where I can see how to sign words like "Food", "Cup", "Sleep", and "Carry"?
Or any good books?

Thank you all for your responses ^__^

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 6:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• youtube it! YOu can find all kinds of things.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Why isn't your toddler speaking?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Hey! Glad you're interested in this! My toddler and I have had a lot of fun with signing! All I did was go to a book store or even just wal mart and fred meyers to find a sign language book! She has 6 for her age and she loves doing the signs and then I have flash cards and a book called "teach your tot to sign" buy Stacy A Thompson! I recommend anything with a basis of American Sign Language (ASL) and you can learn while you teach! One thing however, my 2yr old now signs on word and adds words she can't sign in English the same time she's signing so it's hard to understand everything she's telling me... but it's a really great thing to get them involved in! I'm sure you can also google it but you should be able to find books at your local store! GL!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• There are some great Baby Einstein DVDs too...My First Signs and Things Around the House both have sign language. I didn't purposefully teach my toddler to sign but she loves the Baby Einstein movies and started signing all by herself....and then I had to learn them too so I could figure out what she was saying! Its funny...I think sign language increases the capacity for verbal language...the words she knows best are the ones she also signs.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• www.lifeprint.com, it's free.
    I bought the book Baby Sign Language Basics: Early Communication for Hearing Babies and Toddlers, New & Expanded Edition by Monta Z. Briant.
    Also youtube signing time.
    Great question. You will enjoy seeing your LO communicate better than when they say a few words!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• you can google it to get you started. i just got the book by knack make it easy called baby sign language. its awesome! great pictures and i like the way its organized. tons of signs! we have the baby einstien my first signs and that was a good start but not really necessary. depeding on your toddlers age they will pick up a few pretty quick.
    ariel08

Answer by ariel08 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• http://www.lifeprint.com/
    this is the site i used to get words to teach my son. i started at about 8 months and now he signs about 6 or 7 words, but he also says the word when he signs.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2010