WHy havent i felt the baby move yet!???

Im 18 weeks and 2 days and i still have felt ZERO movement!
on January 16th we have a huge family get together and i wanted everyone to be able to feel it move and such. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday, 12th to find out the sex.. I just feel left out.. and am kinda worried... Why cant i feel anything?!!!!

BABYnME610

Asked by BABYnME610 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No need to worry. Some people feel movement early but lots don't. I didn't feel either of my sons move until around 22 wks.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Feeling the movement has so many factors. Placenta placement, how fast you are stretching, your pre-pregnancy weight and body fat, GAS, how the baby is positioned.... When you get your ultrasound, ask where everything is. Ask and ask and get all the info. The tech should walk you through it. Chances are, you'll be kung-fu fighting in no time.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• every baby has a different personality. I had a lively kicker and a mellow chill one who only moved when preterbed by Daddy.
    whitrashwedding

Answer by whitrashwedding at 7:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I read the average for feeling baby move is around 20 weeks - so you may have a couple more weeks to go, especially if it's your first.

Answer by missanc at 8:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Some people never feel the baby! Mainly because they are over weight! But I felt mine right around 16-18 weeks
    Anonymous

• I felt movement 2 times at 17 weeks then nothing again until 20 weeks. MY BF couldn't feel the baby move until about 25 weeks. Just be patient and don't worry.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 9:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• With my first I felt her around the time I found out it was a girl at 21 weeks. It was my first so I wasn't sure what to expect and didn't know what to look for and if I had then I might have felt her earlier. With this one I felt small little flutters at 14 weeks and at my appt at 15 weeks my Dr asked if I'd felt any movement and said I should feel flutters by then since it was my 2nd and since I wasn't really big.
    It's different with different ppl and like others above have said, it depends on alot of things. My best friend is a little over weight and she didn't feel her little girl til she was a little further along. Don't worry, it'll happen :) I'm almost 36 weeks and she moves ALL day and you can see my belly changing shape and body parts poking out :)
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• yeah that's totally normal for you to not feel your baby move, and others won't be able to feel the baby move for quite a while. :)
    Anonymous

• Most ppl feel the baby move between 18-22 weeks. And for the first few weeks at least, no one else can feel the baby move by touching your tummy, the movements are so light, like bubbles popping or little bumps or nudges, that only you can feel them for a while. Don't worry, you'll feel it soon enough, and get to bask in it all by yourself for a while before anyone else can feel it too!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2010