Ok ladies I need some advice...

I work for a Head Start company. (We provide a free 'head start' school type situation for low income families.) Well my coworker has been getting a little rough with the kids ex. pushing, grabbing their arms, yelling at them. (Oh yeah I have a 4 year old classroom) We have her on video doing a couple inappropriate things to the kids and they were going to fire her, but she threatened to sue them for harassment. So now she gets to keep her job because she wants to sue them. I don't know what to do. She is not safe (in my opinion) to be around my kids but they are not going to do anything. Any thoughts? Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• You need to go above their heads and turn it in. There is no reason for her to be allowed to treat children like that. I would be horrified if that was my child being treated that way. As scary as it seems you need to stand up for these children. Knowing something like that and not doing anything about it is so wrong.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i think you should call the cops because they shouldnt allow a person like that to be around kids .. no matter what the reason is i think your job is to care for those children like they were yours. and you have to stop the abuse! donthold yourself back..those kids need someone to speak out for them the hell with everyoneelse
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 6:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• The kids are the most important in this situation, she is threatening to sue for what?? If you have her on video then you got her!! aren't all teachers mandatory state reporters I know the teachers in my area are, they are required to inform child services of anything where they think a child might be in danger. I would not let this go and let her get away with it, I know if it was my child I would expect him to be in a safe enviornment while in school under the teachers supervision. Good Luck!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• if i found out they were treating my kids that way i would sue them and grab that person and beat her up noone touches my or any kids
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 6:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i know how you feel and my hubby has to report anything like that even after hes out of his job
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 6:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I agree with Frogbaby83. You do need to go above they're heads. Someone needs to call her bluff. She probably doesn't have enough proof to sue them for harrassment. But they have the proof to fire her!
    Anonymous

• POSTER - Thats my problem though. The company does not want to deal with her so they are just leaving her alone. So it will not do any good to report it to their boss, they are boss (I guess). Do I report to DHS or what? I have never been in this type of a situation.
    Anonymous

• Start documenting everything she does that is inappropriate. Just keep a little notebook in your pocket and note the time day and what happened. If you don't have time to write the whole thing out while at work you can write a little note with the gist of what happened so you do the whole thing at home later. That way you have documented proof of her wrong doing that you can bring to your boss' superiors. Make sure to make a list of each person that witnessed each event too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• what state are you in?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Nathskitten I have already been doing this, I guess I will continue. Maybe if I turn in enough they might do something. She was as good as fired, they had the letter to give to her and all but they changed their minds. I guess if you do prayer add us to you list!
    Anonymous