How far along is the average before you start to show?

I am 11 weeks and 2 days along and already in maternity clothes. I have already gained about 15 pounds and actually eating healthier than I was before I found out I was pregnant. How far along is the average before you start to get a baby bump?

go_cubs_go2008

Asked by go_cubs_go2008 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• about 4 or 5 months
    Anonymous

• With my first I started showing around 6months and with my second(still pregnant now) I started showing at the end of my 4th month
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• All my weight in my whole body moved to my torso in week 12. Gained about 11 inches in my waist and only 3 lbs. Hooray hormones!

The baby books say 16 weeks for the average bump. I call BS. Is there anything average about pregnancy? Really?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• with my first it was the end of the 4 month with this one I am showing now at 13 weeks and haven't gained any weight.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• people didnt know i was pregnant with either of my children ntil around 6,7 months. but i could tell before that. also, i never wore maternity clothes. with current fashion trends it isnt necessary. but everyone is different.
    Anonymous

• ill be 13 weeks monday and i started showing around 10 weeks this is my 3 preg but the other i m/c so i dont know if thats why i started showing right a way with the last one i m/c everyone told me i was preg belcause i look like i was and this one i had to take the test to fine out first so it just depends on the preg my twins i lost at 4 weeks and 6 weeks my last preg i lost at 9 weeks
    Anonymous

• With my first I didn't show until I was 5 months. Now, with my 5th pregnancy I'm in maternity clothes at 13 weeks and haven't gained a pound, so it varies widely.

Answer by missanc at 8:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My dr told me I should only gain 3-5 pounds during the first three months
    Anonymous

• I am 12 weeks and haven't gained but 1 lb. I have the bump but if you don't know I'm pregnant then you would think its just weight gain. But its not. This is my 3rd pregnancy but only one successful birth.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2010