Why does everyone that that it's ok for teens to have sex????

I am so sick of hearing about how all teens have sex and that its shouldn't be such a big deal, just put them on birthcontrol or give them condoms. I agree that they should be educated about sex and its consequences but to tell them that its ok or to say they are going to do it outside the home anyways. Until they are 18 you can do something about it. If you can't trust your child to act appropriately then why do you let them go out? I understand there has to be a balance but I am tired of hearing parents say "Oh well, theres nothing I can do about it."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it is wrong. I waited until I was 23 and engaged,about to get married before I lost my virginity.
    It is reallyt stupid and irresponsible to have sex too young. Then sex is no longer speacial..it is reducd to nothing more that a physical thing. You need to be in love and committed in a relationship. My daughters waited too. And most of my friends did and my kids' friends waited. It has nothing to do with God or church or that kind of thing either. It is just smart!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Why let them go out? Really? I remember having sex in the living room while one of my parents was on the phone in the kitchen, or in the back yard of my boyfriend's house, or in a bathroom when no one was around. If somebody wants to have sex, they will.
    Anonymous

• I agree, I think now a days that kids are getting sexually active younger and younger and I think there is alot of pressure on kids to fit in and I think that is the totally wrong reason to give their bodies away, it's kinda hard to lock them up till they are 18 but all you can really do is have "the talk" with them and hope and pray they make a smart decision.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• To answer honestly I will tell you my history. I had the strictest oldfashioned parents on earth. I never went anywhere except school, sports, and work. I never went to friends houses etc they wouldn't let me not because I wasn't trustworthy but because that is how they are. It pissed me off, and guess what I managed to have sex as a teenager without their knowledge even being under lock and key. You may think you can stop them but you can't. If they are given facts and I mean even the ones that are uncomfortable they will make an informed decision. I don't want my kids having sex young I know the emotional consequences and I am going to impress that on them, but I will not lock them up just as a preventative that is no way to grow up.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Kids aren't having sex younger and younger. It's been the same since the DAWN OF TIME.
    Anonymous

• Then sex is no longer speacial..it is reducd to nothing more that a physical thing.

That is a crock
    Yes I had sex at 17 ( after I was RAPED and treated like grabbage by my family)
    I had my son that was that.
    Now he is 6 I have been married for a year to a different man and the SEX is the the most amazing thing in the world between us. It is more special than you can imagine. It is NOT just physical.
    Dont be a jerk
    Anonymous

• We've done everything we can to try to make sure our daughter (and I've even talked to my 11 yr old about how to treat a girl) doesn't have an opportunity to be alone with a boy (not that all boys are going to try to pressure her into sex~but we've talked about the many things boys have said and texted and messaged her way and what is said in the halls at school, done in other areas), but beyond that, we talk about all the benefits of waiting until he/she is more mature,( their brain is not even fully developed until sometime in their 20s, but their hormones are~nature's cruel joke)~reputation, consequences, stds and the like, and what they should be focusing on like school work, hobbies, community service, getting a part time job... believe me ...we think it's a big deal around our house! I know my DD likes to kiss and hug, has has a few bfs, and I've told her to be wary of what kind of messages she sends!
    Anonymous

• Sex is all over the place. TV, billboards,magazines, etc.. Young girls see this and think it is glamerous. Society has failed our children as a whole. My son will be locked in his room until he is out of college and married...LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 7:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

Maybe that's how you think it would have been, but that's not how it is. I don't mean any disrespect, but you have no experience of your own on this subject, so you can't say how sex would be IF you had done it sooner.
    Anonymous

• I don't think sex is okay for teens, but Thats not going to change the fact that its going to happen.. so you better at least get the birth control and condoms.. not Okaying the behavior, but if its going to happen try and keep them safe and not pregnant!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010