Dry skin from hell!!! HELP!

Ok so winter really seems to be doing a number on my skin. My skin is normally pretty sensitive but this winter it's just ridiculous! It's only my legs so I figured.. if I don't shave as often (I normally do every other week because my body hair really doesn't grow that fast) I've tried several different lotions, try putting them on several times a day even right out of the shower.. by the time I get to bed I just want to take a brush with the coursest bristles I can find and just rub my skin off with it!!! Anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you deal with it!?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 7:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Health

• AVEENO TRUST ME IT HELPS AND I USE IF FOR MY DAUGHTER WHO IS TWO
    Anonymous

• Eucerin helps tremendously. It's well worth the money.
    Anonymous

• Are you drinking enough water? You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Keep showers short, cool and infrequent; no baths.
    Put coconut oil on your skin
    Be sure that you are eating healthy oils, like eating avocado, ground flax seeds, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Coconut oil is a good idea but nothing you put on the outside of your skin will permanently cure the problem. Women need oils...omega 3 oils, evening primrose, vitamin E & flax.
    Anonymous

• lanolin- everyone can use it on every part
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have had similar issues on my legs and just recently discovered Dove Deep Moisture body wash. It is pretty cheap ($5 for a 16 oz bottle) and it works beautifully. Better than any lotion I've ever tried.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• yes and it's due to my thyroid but all of my skin is always way dry and he told me to try lubriderm it's less expensive than say eucerin or aveeno and works better my skin was like alligator skin until I started using this
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• baby oil before you go to bed
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2010