Babywise? does it work? Do you like it?

My daughter is almost 9 months old. She used to sleep through the night but now she doesn't. I know i have her in a few bad habbits for sleeping so i know part of her not sleeping is my fault, sadly. Anyhow i have heard from a few moms that they swear by babywise. It works for them, worked for all their kids. Today is my first day putting my baby on this program. She first went down for her nap wonderfully but only slept right under an hr. So then she woke up, i thought she was done but she was still cranky so i did what the book said and put her back to bed (awake again) but then she cried and cried. How do you get past the crying, it hurts my little heart to hear her cry. How long should i let her cry? Shes sleeping now and i didn't give in. It took her about 15-20 mins. How long before she won't be so upset by nap/bed time.

ninawiseman87

Asked by ninawiseman87 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's controversial, but I used Babywise for all 4 of my kids - they were sleeping on their own through the night (8 plus hours) by 2 months. My youngest is 14 months and does not cry at all, ever, when he goes down for either his nap or his bedtime. He just goes to sleep.
    I don't know about starting it at a later age, though so I can't really answer your question. What I've heard is that it takes roughly 2-3 days to establish new routines with kids.

Answer by missanc at 8:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• what is baby wise?
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Babywise is baby torture.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2010