Is anyone paying to get taxes done with last paystub?

My co-worker is paying 200 bucks to get her taxes done early with her last paystub...shes also paying to get the money back within a 48 hour period! I think shes using the money to go on vacation back home to FL at the end of the month..but i dont get enough back to want to pay that much!!! Although i entered everything i could into turbo tax..and im honestly excited about tax time this year!!! ill be able to pay off a few things, and for once have a little bit of fun with some money!!! YAY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I go onto turbotax.com and with all the fees for processing and e-filing to get it quick it's 100. This will be atleast the third year I'm using it.
    melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• h&r charged 400 to get ours back last yr..i think we will be getting our taxes back in 48 hrs this yr too. i have so much to do,and alot of debt to pay off
    Anonymous

• I would never pay someone to do my taxes. I have used Taxact.com for the last several years.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I use Tax Act also. I can file electronically and have it direct deposited for a small fee. I got mine in less than a week last year. Pretty easy program to use it is idiot proof.
    Anonymous

• H&R block charges RIDICULOUS fees...i couldnt AFFORD to get my taxes done through them...i feel like i need that money too bad...so i pay like 29 to file state and do my federal for free through turbo tax..pretty simple....i always get back a good amount by doing that...
    Anonymous

• How does tax act.com work?
    kandy800

Answer by kandy800 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• First of all, using a paystub is a very bad idea! Inevitably there are differences between paystubs and the W2. Secondly, there are so many sites now that the IRS has approved where you can do you own taxes online - and most for FREE - that I would never pay that kind of money to file my taxes. Now granted, I have been doing my own taxes for years; as well as most of my family members'. But it you go to the IRS site, you can filter through the list of online filers to see which best suits your comfort level. They also process very quickly. If you chose one with a fee, it's like maybe $10.
    Peodigy

Answer by Peodigy at 9:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2010