How can I get my 6 month old daughter to fall alseep earlier and stay sleeping?

My daughter will stay up till 10:30p or later, and sleep through the night, most of the time. If we put her to bed earlier, like normal children her age, she will wake up 2 hours later ready to play. She is on the baby food and cereal now and we give her a bottle before bed. But if we try to put her to sleep say around 8p, she will wake up, no fail, 2 hours later. Does anyone have any suggestions?

italnanjl

Asked by italnanjl at 8:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wait a year...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• She's sleeping just fine. In fact you are getting quite a lot of sleep if you say she goes down at 10:30 and you get uninterrupted sleep. Why mess with something that is working? She sleeps when she's tired and wakes when she's done.

Sleeping patterns are not stable inchildren until they are three to four years old. Enjoy your respite while you can before the next stage of milestones, teething, and growth spurts!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Sounds pretty typical to me. Sleep patterns will eventually change.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Also, I'm kind of jealous. While my 2 1/2 year old sleeps pretty much from 7:30 to 6/6:30, my 4 year old goes to bed around 7:45 and wakes up countless times throughout the night, until around 6:30 am. Anywhere between 1-6 times a night she wakes up. For no obvious reason. Usually upset. And rarely remembers it the next day. I haven't had a full night sleep in over 4 years.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2010