What is the best double stroller to get that will carry and2.5 year old and a newborn (with room to grow for the newbie)?

We are expecting our second and our brainstorming on what type of stroller to get. I don't want to buy just any old one without getting some feedback/advice first on what works and what doesn't. Especially with the age gap we having going on here.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 8:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• because of the weight difference, you will want one that has the seat infront of the other, not the side by side kind. Trust me, the side by side one will be too difficult to maneuver with the weight difference.
    Anonymous

• I'm expecting my second. I found the Sit *n Stand...I got a lot of good feedback about it too.. Easy to use, easy to clean, one hand folding... there is a space for new baby in the front with the bar for the carseat and a seat in the back for the older child, and the seat also comes off and the child can stand or sit... it's really cool. I seen it at Babies R Us for around 160... I'm sure I could find it cheaper!
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have a almost 2.5 y/o and and 8 month old and when we go anywhere i use my Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem. I love it! It is a little big but its amazing, the 2 seats come off with 6 different ways to arrange them and it comes with a car seat attachment for when they are still too little for the actual seat. It also has little handles on the back for if they get a little restless and want to walk too they can hold on while you push. I got mine off amazon about a year ago for $160ish. BRU sales the newer version of it for $230. Here is the link for it on BRU, http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3572947
    Crystal_Jewell

Answer by Crystal_Jewell at 11:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2010