No help from daddy

Are there any stay at home moms dealing with your husband not helping out when he is home?

MrsCrain0409

Asked by MrsCrain0409 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep its almost time to feed my son and he said he was going to do it and he has no clue what time it is.....he is playing a damn video game and i just took a break from my school work. So now i have to feed our son and still make dinner that he was supposed to do as well. I feel like i have 2 kids not just the one that i gave birth to.
    Anonymous

• I spent ten years being a SAHM and had no help from dad before I left him. Before me there were millions of women who handled the home and kids without dad's help. You can do it.
    Anonymous

• yes! the dads always love the part of making the babies, but when it comes time to pitching in for some reason they consider that the woman's job to do everything for the kids!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My DH is a great help w/ the kids. I am a SAHM of 7yrs now.
    Anonymous

• You need to tell him what he needs to do. Men can be clueless. I tell him 'change the babies diaper' 'have you chged his diaper' 'when was the last time he had a diaper change'

Men don't respond to 'can you change the baby's diaper?' You're leaving it up to them to say, UH-I'm busy doing blah blah blah. Also, they can't multi-task. So you need to be assertive and he needs to help you out! Especially if you want more babies!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• The vast majority iof men married to SAHMs tend to do nothing to help. At least, that's my observation over the last decade...

Want him to do something? Give him a list. With a reward at the end of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• mine comes home and keels over....but I probably would to with the amount of work he does (construction 6 days a week 14-16 hours a day)
    Anonymous

• I am a working mom, but was a SAHM for 5 years. Looking back, I think I dug my own grave on that one. I did EVERYTHING when I first stayed home because I felt like I should. Then I got tired and needed help and just expected my husband to know that without calmly telling him. I "trained" him one way and then had to "train" him another way. It took work and a calm, mature conversation from me. I admit I was a real jerk about it at first because I was so tired and felt sorry for myself. Not saying you are this way, just letting you know how I got myself into and out of the same situation!
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 9:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• yep he says that he works all day and it's my job to take care of the kids I got tired of nagging him to help me it's just easier to do it myself
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 10:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I am a FT student formerly a SAHM and I STILL do it ALL! SInce I do not work he views what he does as more important! I have found it easier to do it myself too but its ridiculous! I am quite honestly so sick of it because if I am going to do it all may as well be single! I just don't think mine will ever change so yea I am considering leaving. I am in a Radiography program which is very intense so I am exhausted!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2010