Do you think animals have souls?

What makes a someone/something have a soul? Do you think animals deserve respect and honor in this life?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ABSOLUTELY!
    Anonymous

• I think if we have them, animals have them. Humans are just more arrogant and think that because we have opposable thumbs, we're better than every other animal. They only kill for self-defense or food, and they are not cruel. They don't steal, lie, cheat, or beat their young. If they do have souls, they are much purer than ours!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I do think they do! I believe my pets do and if they do it is not a stretch to think all animals do. Which leads to the question-why am I not a vegetarian? I have no good answer for that!
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 9:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I certainly think they do. Why would we be "born" with them, but no other species?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Of course!!
    Actually when i was in 6th grade I went to a christian school.. well that year my dog (the one id had since i was born) died.. i was devastated.. every day we had to say prayers and i prayed that my dog was up with God and not in anymore pain.. the teacher looked at me and said "Dogs dont go to heaven.. they dont have souls" WTF!? I was only 11 years old and i looked at her and said "Then I dont want to go to your heaven" LOL AND i still mean it~!!
    Animals are more caring, forgiving and loving then 100 percent of the people out there!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i've seen a cats
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• spirit or ghost...i dont know if you would call it its soul
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Eh, I don't even believe people have souls, just inner consciousness. So, animals in regards to animals they are the same as people, no souls just inner consciousness. Theirs just happens to be driven by more instinct.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Kristi~how would you define a soul vs. an inner consciousness?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• The Inner conciousness is the collection of thoughts, feelings, experiences, and knowledge which helps to dictate our actions and the the way we perceive the world around us. When we die, so does our inner conciousness becasue well, brain function ceases. The "soul" is thought to be immortal and lives on after death. I do not believe in immortality.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010