When did you find out the sex of your baby? My ultrasound tech is starting to tick me off. LoL

Okay, I am 16 weeks pregnant with twins and I just had my FIFTH ultrasound yesterday... and the tech STILL won't even ATTEMPT to tell me the sex of the babies! She won't even look... won't even make a guess! It's starting to get a little frustrating because I know people who have found out (accurately) earlier than this.... I realize it may not be AS accurate at this point but I'm sure she could see something. And it just frustrates me that she flat-out REFUSES to try to determine the sex(es) when I specifically ASKED her to. She pretty much just said no. It's not like I'm gonna sue her if she is wrong! LoL

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Between 16 and 20 weeks along. If the US tech won't tell you ask for another tech. She is not the decision maker, you are. I am sure you understand that the US can be wrong. I have never heard of a "legal" time to tell the sex of a baby. My cousins and friends all found out between 16 and 20 weeks. It may just be more difficult with twins.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my doctor did the ultrasounds for all 3 of my pregnancies at 18 weeks, but I was only having 1 baby and I only got 1 ultrasound with each.
    Anonymous

• 21 weeks with my first, 19 weeks with my second.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• where I am they cannot legally tell you the sex until past the 19week mark. (its past the 'safe' abortion gestation period) at least thats what the techs have always told me for all my pregnancies and u/s.

plus at 16 weeks its really hard to tell the sex, they're still pretty teensy in there and not completely formed.

Anonymous

• I found out at 16 weeks with all 3.. But I had 3 separate pregnancies so it might be a bit more difficult to see with twins.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• It is most likely because not till aroudn 20 weeks that they can really be more sure. There is still a chance they can be work. My SIL thought they were having a boy with there first and they had a girl. So they can still be wrong.
    Anonymous

• i was 20 weeks, we asked but she said that they can't tell us until 20 weeks just to be sure, i know its irritating but its worth the wait
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 9:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• After 19 weeks is the best time to tell because right now the genitals look the same. Sometimes yes they can tell you but not always a most of the time it is a guess backed behind alot of experience.
    Anonymous

• i foud out for both my kids at 4 1/2 months
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 9:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• WITH MY FIRST MY OB COULD NOT TELL THE BABY ALWAYS HAD HER LEGS CLOSED I FOUND OUT THE DAY I HAD HER THE SECOND BABY I WAS 5 MONTHS BUT MY SISTER IS 6MONTHS AND THE BABY HAS IT'S LEGS CROSSED YOUR DR. PROBABLY WANTS TO DO A SONO LATER ON WHEN THEY KNOW THEY CAN GIVE YOU A POSITIVE ANSWER.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 9:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010