i feel guilty

i feel so guilty. i just spent the last 3hr in the er and my daughter has a scalp contusion... i put her on the toilet and i was right in front but she deicded to throw herself to the side out of frustration and landed on her head...then i called the dr office to find out wht i should watch for... they said it was ok to lay her down if she seemed sleepy so i did and i also gave her tylenol for the pain...she sleeps in a toddler bed...well she decided to get up and walk by her night stand where her dick humidifer was and she touch the nite stan to hard and knocked herself and the stand over hitting her head again. if u touch the top of her neck/bottom of her head she screms bloody mmurder... the dr said she should b fine but watch her carefully over the next cple days and if she still crabby or in pain mon call her dr.. or if there are any drastic changes bring her bk...i didnt mean fo rit to happen but i feel like a bad mom...

rellcinko

Asked by rellcinko at 9:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh honey! you are not a bad mom! I fell down a flight of stairs carrying my at the time 4 month old and he got a skull fracture. My other son tried to climb into his toy grocery cart and busted the back of his head open. My daughter got a skull fracture right in the middle of her forehead after walking straight into the end table. My kids are accident prone LOL I hope I at least made you feel better! :D
    Anonymous

• yea...and speaking of accident prone in my case my daughter get tht from meand also her major emotionalness but her temper, stubburnness, and easily frustration from her daddy..it just scares me... i want to protect from completly not getting hurt and obviously i cant...
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 9:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• aww hon i'm sorry . accidents happen! (((hugs)))
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• It happens. We have all taken the kids to the doctor was it was not warranted and then neglected to take them when it was. I have a horrible track record when it comes to this. Sometimes I take them in and the doc looks at me like I am an overprotective Mom and sometimes I take them and they look at me like I am neglectful. My boys are 10 and 15 and I still get it "wrong" sometimes!
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 9:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• oh wow, poor girl...you are NOT a bad mom, toddlers are totally accident prone, my dd [she's 22 mo] is always falling or banging something. if the dr says she's okay then just give her as much cuddling as she'll let you, that's what I do, tons of kisses where it doesn't hurt and lots of cuddling...I hope she feels better :)
    Anonymous

• today she fell down the stairs...my duaghter is extremly accident prone...right now she is resting ok just gunna watch and see wht happens
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 11:18 AM on Jan. 12, 2010