ok my 8 month old is teething real bad to the point were the screaming dosent stop and hes not sleeping hardly the baby orajel dosent seem to work is there somthing else i can do for him? it makes me so sad to see him miserable.

he wont sleep, Running a fever everynight and dont stop screaming!

julisavy89

Asked by julisavy89 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give him infant tylenol. call your healthcare provider to see the dosage.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• use teething tablets or the teething drops .. either one will calm him down so he can sleep
    Anonymous

• Infant Tylenol (my pharmacist said for a small baby, given half the dose you'd give to a two year old), a cold teething ring, wash your hands and rub his gums where it hurts and let him knaw on you for awhile...other than that, you just have to wait it out if the orajel doesn't help! I'd try a combination of orajel and teething ring/finger, give him a nice warm bath and bundle him up really good...give him some tylenol and then try and rock him to sleep. Even if you don't normally rock (I didn't either) it seems to help when they are sick or hurting. Put on some soft music as well. If you want to make sure the meds work (since I dunn how much he weighs) call a 24 hour pharmacy and ask them how much Tylenol (motrin, etc...whatever you have on hand) you can give. They also sell teething tablets...never tried them, but I hear they work wonders.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• okay most ppl think this is wrong, so i'm going to post anon. whiskey! dip your finger in it and rub it on his gums! that's what was used before there was oragel and everything else. my parents used it on me and i turned out fine.
    Anonymous

• INFANT'S MOTRIN. Lasts longer than Tylenol and works better!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• anon: so true, MIL wanted us to do the same LOL! There's alcoholism on both sides so I'm paranoid DS would like it too much LOL!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Try baltic amber teething necklace.
    Anonymous

• Infant Tylenol (Acetaminophen) at 80mg/0.8cc:

8-11 pounds: 0.4 cc (40mg) every 4 hours as needed
    12-15 pounds: 0.6 cc (60mg) every 4 hours as needed
    16-19 pounds: 0.8 cc (80mg) every 4 hours as needed
    20-23 pounds: 1.2 cc (120mg) every 4 hours as needed
    24-30 pounds: 1.6 cc (160mg) every 4 hours as needed

i got that dosing chart from my doc but u can also find it at >>> http://www.countrydoctorltd.com/Medications.html#Acetaminophen (Tylenol) or Ibup <<<

Also try to wet a wash cloth and freeze it- my kids loved that! let them chew on it and they will love it too- and as for the person who said whiskey- believe it or not it does work! if all else fails try either whiskey or rum- but just a bit and rub it on the area that is painful! good luck! oh and if it helps just remember that the pain that he is feeling will only last a few days till the tooth breaks through! just get through this and ull
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• tylenol for the fever and try a clean wash cloth that was wet and put in the freezer for a little while to get it almost frozen and let him chew it
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• infants motrin
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 4:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2010