Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support

I get food stamps and low income medicaid and child support enforcement from my childs dad he quit his job now i guess i am not going to get anything does any one know what the child support place does to the father or to help you out ???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (10)
  • Well they will take him back to court. If he don't have a certain amount of money he will go to jail. The ji

    Answer by officerdouglas at 9:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • OP so if he goes to jail I don't get any child support at all??

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • i cringe everytime i hear someone going to jail for not paying CS. how the hell will they ever pay it if they are in jail....stupid if you ask me. not sure what they can do but they will take his tax return for back CS...

    Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 9:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • Yes I was in the same sistuation .I don't understand why they put them in jail. Three meals and a cot ,they need to put them to work until the child turn 18. Especially the one's that know they don't want to pay.

    Answer by officerdouglas at 9:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • Well I think it's stupid but if he doesn't pay then he goes to jail. Still trying to figure out how that helps with getting Child Support.

    Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • Talk about tarnishing the relationship between child and father over money.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • I'm going through this my ex's wages were garnished so I was getting money every month but in november the child support stopped coming the enforcement place has contacted his work 2 times and got no response they sent out a letter to my ex saying that he has to pay it himself since his job is no longer doing so they said this letter can be sent 3 times it's been 2 times already than they start the enforcement process and they also said that they run his social every week to see if he's working for someone else

    Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 10:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • also if he owes back support to me they take his income tax return if he gets money back and that goes to me

    Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 10:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • He has to be behind a LOT before he gets put in jail. Child support won't help you because your ex isn't paying, that isn't their responsibility. They will help get your payments but that is all.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • If he is not paying, they will go after him, and your foodstamps will go up, and the medicaid will stay in place. His not paying is not the problem of your children. However, I think there should be a better system for dead beat dads. Social security or something for these kids. I wish I could tell every woman out there, when you have children with a man, make sure you can take care of them on your own...there are no promises, when it comes to them working and paying support. I raised 3 kids on my own without support. I was married to him for 14 yrs, he quit his job and I never saw support.

    Answer by salexander at 12:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.