Toddler driving me crazy... lol

My 1 & 1/2 year old daughter is driving me crazy with kicking. When I change her diaper its the worst, she kicks pretty hard. I don't know how to get her to stop. She kicks my laptop sometimes & she kicked me in the face tonight. Any suggestions??? Saying "No" doesn't work. And, time-out really doesn't work either because i've been doing time-outs and nothing has changed.

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 9:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hold her legs still and say no no. You know, time-out has never worked for my kids. It does to some extent, but not for one that age. They really hate total isolation like having to go to their room by themselves.
    Anonymous

• My kids do that too when changing diapers. I just pin their legs down between my knees. As for kicking your computer and your face? Why are you letting your child this close to those things when you know they kick? Hold her legs down and say NO. She's too young for time outs to make any sense to her.
    Anonymous

• Yep, grab those legs and say NO. Hold them while she squirms and wiggles in irritation with you. Again say NO. Do this a few times and she should stop kicking. This also works for if she decides to start hitting, but with her arms, of course.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I have a laptop and sometimes when I use it I sit on the couch while shes watching cartoons.
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 3:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• my son did this for a good 6 months from like 16 months to 2 years old. he JUST stopped fighitng me like that. I would hold him down and not yell or talk to him or give him attention. I tried giving him a small book or toy to play with or TV to watch, nothing worked and most of the time, it was only for me and his dad. I think its just an indenpendant stage really.. I would just hold his legs down, sometimes his arms also and not say a word, not giving the attention he was looking for. hang in there Mama!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2010