was anyone here a teen mother? and how did you deal with your experience...how old were you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• i had my first baby at 16 but unfortunately he passed away 2 days later because of complications- but my second son was born when i was 19- does that count?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I got pregnant at 17 my daughter was born two months after I turned 18. I was basically a single mom for a while..her father was in jail when she was born...I now have a restraining order against him. But, I loved it...I was the best mom I could be. And I am very proud of myself I should say lol. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I'm now 20yrs old, and I have a beautiful 2yr old girl, and a gorgeous 7 month old boy =)
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I had my baby on my 18th birthday. I realize now that I was very selfish to be having sex and to have made a baby that I couldn't take care of fully. I had to go to school and miss a lot when he was little. I should have waited until I was in a position to be able to take care of him better. Teenage mothers aren't good mothers right off the bat. I don't think anyone should be proud of having a baby before they get of out high school.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My oldest daughter was born 2 weeks before I turned 18, my second daughter was born when I was 19 and my youngest daughter was born when I was 21. I was lucky that I had my mother and my daughters' father to help me with them while I went to college and worked but I missed alot and I had to drop out of nursing school when I got pregnant with the third one because I couldn't keep up with my schoolwork. Even though I love my daughters... I probably would've waited if I could do it again. I wish I could've finished school and got a good job so I could afford to take better care of my daughters.
    sweet_krissy

Answer by sweet_krissy at 10:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I was 15 when I got prego && 16 when I had my son. I think I dealed the best I could. I did school I had enough credits to graduate early so I did. Now I only had the father (my husband now) to help me. My parents didnt help at all so I moved out of the house && into his parents house they watched my son while I was at school then when I was home I took care of him I didnt want help what so ever but when I really needed it I took it. I don't think its right for someone else to take care of something thats my responisabltly, I think since I was ready to have sex && I choose to keep the baby then I'm the one who takes care of him not my parents or someone elses. So I did. Me && the father saved our money got our first home together when I started my senior year then once I graduated high school we got married. I got a job my MIL watched my son while I was at work. My life is good right now && I wouldnt change it for anything
    supermom3806

Answer by supermom3806 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My oldest daughter was born a month after my 18th birthday. I was pregnant my senior year, and the school had a teacher come to my house so I could finish the credits I needed, and I even took a college English class during the summer to lessen my course load. I finished my home classes 5 months before the rest of my class, and I got to walk with them at the graduation ceremony. I even got to go to prom. A couple weeks after I graduated I took a Medical Assisting program, and less than a month after I graduated that course I was working full time in a busy Family Practice office. A month before my DD's first birthday, I got my own apartment. Been on our own since, and I now have 2 other daughters (i'm 25 now) and their dad and I are getting married in March.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i got pregnant at 17, my daughter was born 2 months after i turned 18. she was 10 weeks premature, and was born with heart defects. it was incredibly hard, she came home at 4 months old. i had my boyfriend, we had been together 4 years when she was born and i think that helped our situation a lot. we had already graduated as well. we got our own place just 2 months before she was born. now we are married, he is an electrical engineer, i work 3 days a week. we are close to buying a house, bought a car, been married 2 years. we have an 18 month old son and baby girl turns 5 on the 19th. we celebrated 9 years together today :)
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I had my son at 18 worked a lot of hours to care for him. His dad didn't want to help me so, I did it alone for two yrs. I met my husband at 20 we got married 8 months later and he adopted my son a year later. We have three other children and adopted his ex wife's child and we have been together six yrs.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2010