To anyone who is Muslim...

is this info true?

http://ldolphin.org/cisislam.html

peace1234

Asked by peace1234 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• greetings peace, i am a muslim and i read the link which carries a very bad representation of Islam. although there are a few accurate sayings in that writing, if one is seeking to understand Islam should NOT rely on that due to the negative and misinformed tone it delivers. here are a few examples: it teaches that Islam is the biggest threat to world stability- FALSE. almost every problem can be attributed to the Middle East because of Islam- FALSE, actually Most Muslims aren't even Arab. Islam was not founded by Muhammad on a caravan route. Prophet Muhammad was in a cave in Makkah when Angel Gabriel (yes the same one) presented him with the verse verses of Quran. There aren't 5 article of faith, there are 6! Islam teaches that ALL ANGELS are good- no such thing as bad, no such thing as the 'fallen angel'- instead there is another creation called Jinn who also have free will like people do but Angels do not have free-will.
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 11:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• 100th name of God known to the camel?? lol, actually this site is IGNORANT on Islam! Islam teaches Prophets were the BEST of humanity, but does not claim they are sinless, no one is free of imperfections except the One True God- this is why they supplicated for guidance & taught us to do that too. There are ONLY 5 Pillars to Islam and JIHAD IS NOT ONE OF THEM..and the definition of Jihad is 'internal struggle with oneself to do the right thing' . Islam does not teach that Jesus died on the Cross and can not be proved with the 2 authentic sources of Islam (Quran and Sunnah) that Judas was. Polygany is an option that men are allowed to take with specific conditions & terms it's not something that's encouraged or prefable by God, but made as an exception to the rule for particular circumstances which do not impede on the rights of others. Sadaam's actions explains the Quran?!!!!! this site is actually just HORRIBLE-not ISLAM!!
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 12:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• plz freel free to pm me if you want more clarifications or need resources to learn about what Islam is all about, because this site is filled with misconceptions, ignorance, and is actually insultive. thanks for asking about its legitimacy- but its not legit at all.
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 12:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• As with all information, consider the source. It is a christian ministry, with a banner at the bottom looking for money.
    They're not out to be accurate, they're out to generate fear and disgust, so you will gladly give them your cash.

If you have questions, go visit a mosque. When they have time the imman's are always happy to answer any questions.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 9:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• There are plenty of online sources that are accurate. This, however, is not a source I would trust. Yes, it gives some facts, but it also presents a lot of misinformation. The sources I would be more willing to believe would be those posted by actual Muslims or by objective third parties, like religioustolerance.org for example. Just type Islam into Google and use your reasoning to figure out which sources are credible. There are many that are....
    There are also many books out there, books on religions in general or on Islam in particular, that are good sources. Again, you just have to try to find one with as little bias and as much objectivity as possible.
    There are also groups here on CM to talk about religion and personal beliefs, so you could always check those out and speak to real live Muslims for a better understanding.
    I'm not Muslim, but I'd be willing to answer any ?s, too, and if I don't know I can find someone!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i am muslim and i agree- bandgeek would be a great source of info! :-) theres also the 'muslim moms' group here on cm- join in and ask away there too..and like i said feel free to pm me as well..
    peace.
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 2:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I don't believe much of what muslims tell me because I've found lying not to be beneath them when it suits, and furthers their religion. Honestly, I don't think very many western muslims even know islam well enough to really know exactly what it teaches. What is practiced is vastly different than what islam is truly all about. They just can't get away with it here in America as easily as in countries that are mostly muslim.
    Anonymous

• Its not hard to learn what it teaches, anon. There are plenty of sources. People just choose not to listen or not to believe what they are told, preferring to retain their presuppositions and prejudices. I'm no expert, but I've done plenty of research, and my experience is completely opposite of yours. All of the sources I have read, or spoken to, have all added up and have presented a very thorough explanation. I find Islam quite easy to understand, and, in all honesty, its one of my favorite religions to study and the one I find most inspiring and beautiful. If you actually take the time to really study, to objectively learn as much as you can, you can really learn a lot about it.

And muhajjira is one of the best I know, when it comes to explaining the Muslim faith. She is very thorough and patient and just wonderful.

But, anyway, if you really want to learn you can. But you can't learn with preconceptions.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2010