is this normal pain from having a previous c-section?

ok i'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, and i'm having a scheduled c-section in 5 days on the 13th (reason being my last c-section was 13 months ago) and anyway i'm having another "big" baby according to my ob. my last one was 10 lbs and though my belly is not as big as it was, i'm still all baby from ribs to pelvis. anyway i've been having some contractions here and there for a few days, and i get this awful burning pain in my c-section/pelvic area with pressure that is almost unbearable. should i call tomorrow and let them know what's going on? i'm hoping that the contractions, although few & far between, aren't getting so strong that my barely healed scar is weakening.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had 4 c-sections myself, my 1st two were 15 months apart and my 3rd and 4th were 12 months, 1 week apart. With this pregnancy (I delivered in Nov) I did notice more pain in my surgical area. However, the pain was not unbearable as you mentioned yours to be, mine was more of a "twinge" or a mild cramp. You might want to give your doc a call and just let them know.
    debrapag2001

Answer by debrapag2001 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I would call just to be sure. I had a C-section 13 years ago and still get stabbing pains in my scar and it itches like crazy. I get the pain mainly during my period.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• it's like that "ring of fire" that some women experience during vaginal childbirth. i remember that quite vividly because i delivered my first vaginally. but it only comes and goes with these contractions i've had lately.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Honestly it doesn't hurt to call tonight just to be on the safe side. Your dr. should have an answering service which will have your dr. call you back and even if the dr. says its nothing at least you'll be more at ease. You don't want to pass it off as nothing incase you go into full blown labor. My first c-section was emergency, my second child I was scheduled for a c-section but three weeks before my date I started getting mild contractions and went and got checked. The dr. said I was having mild contractions, but didnt want to send me home in the even I went into full blown labor so I had another emergency c-section. Better safe than sorry.
    Proudmom_28

Answer by Proudmom_28 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2010