your baby can read

has anyone used it? what do u think?

Emmasmom2009

Asked by Emmasmom2009 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My boss' husband is a long-time child psychologist and former professor of child psychology at a state university. I've asked him the same thing, and his opinion is by developing that skill too early you will delay other cognitive/verbal/motive skill.

I trust the doctor's orders! lol I like to just read to my little girl and have her participate in looking at the pictures and discussing them.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 10:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• personally i think its another one of those things that try to make ur kids do things before the are ready just to please ourselves! you baby will learn to read in time...i really think its a waste of 100 bucks
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Its trash.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Unless you want to create a sarvat child, I suggest you wait and allow your child to develop at her own time. If she learns to read to soon she won't comprehend what she is reading, developmentally she wouldn't be prepared to put the context together. It is one thing to know the sounds that letters make together, another whole story to be able to understand what it means. Would it give you bragging rights? Absolutely but the price withthe delays in other important areas will be high.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 11:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I think as much as we all want to have baby geniuses, sometimes you don't want to rush/force the ability/absorption of something like this on a child. This is just one of those things they need to pick up naturally, like how we did when we were kids, and our parents did as well.
    MommyG721

Answer by MommyG721 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I have it.. We watch the videos and do the flash cards... But I don't force it.. He has learned somethings from the movies, but not like they show on the infomercial.. Me and My mother in law went half on it, so it wasn't so bad.. But.. I don't know.. He likes it just like any other movie. He is learning from it don't get me wrong, but not like the kids they show you..
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2010