curiousity

This is a big issue among my family, and I just can't seem to understand why. What is the big deal with interracial couples? Or even gays? Now I am a straight white married woman, married to a white man. But I just don't see how it matters about color or sex or religion or any of that. If there's love, trust, and all it takes for a relationship to work and last, whose business is it to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Nobody's. And it doesn't matter. Easy :)
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• The ONLY important opinions are those of the couple involved in the relationship.
    Anonymous

• It shouldn't matter.... but to a lot of people it does. I think it's an embarrassment to some, and preference to others. Just like parents/children who don't want their loved ones to marry or date someone they don't like (for whatever reason).
    My brother said it best when he said "I'd rather my daughter date/marry a black man that treated her well than a white man that treated her like trash". The point is... so long as they treat them well, it doesn't matter what the outer appearance is, or it shouldn't anyway.
    We only have control of what we do, not what others do, think or feel.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• god bless you
    it is stupid but for whatever reason it does matter to so many people (my fam included)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It does NOT matter and it is NOBODY'S business!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 4:37 AM on Jan. 13, 2010