Sleep Positioner

I'm pregnant with my first child, and was wondering, are sleep positioners required in the crib? I read how they're good for congested babies and babies w/ acid reflux, but does every baby need one?

MommyG721

Asked by MommyG721 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had one and never used it.
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• had one for mine but he hated it!!! it works as well as a rolled blanket tho so its not necessary
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My babies were very small and I think their little pads made them feel more cozy..I would swaddle them and put them in their little holders...they also shared a bassinet then a crib for a while too though. They don't cost much so if you get one and your baby doesn't like it, no big deal.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i used mine for probably the first month just so my ds could have different positions each side and back so he wasnt always on his back
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 11:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I had one and used it for only 2 weeks then my son spit up on it a little and when i washed it he never wanted to use it anymore.
    Anonymous

• We never bought one. I wanted one, but ended up just rolling receiving blankets and using those to prop him on his side. As for the recline thing, we used a pillow under the mattress to prop it up a bit so he would be on an incline.
    The positioners are not required, but I think they may be useful. If you have one, try it when baby comes and you can make the judgement call for yourself.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010