How to cook for hubby who eats like a picky toddler

i am always searching out ways to cook more meals for my family and cut down expensive pre-packaged foods, but my hubby is very picky and only seems to eat Tyson's frozen chicken and mac and cheese!!!! it is very frustrating as u can see, he can eat an entire pack of tysons chicken tenders ($9) in a day or two, when i could save so much more by buying the chicken and cutting it up myself....which he will not eat after the first day! he does not eat white or brown rice (he will eat yellow or chicken flavored!), he does not eat ANY bean, unless its baked with brown sugar and barbeque sauce lol, i could save a lot by buying dried peas and beans and they would last a few days, but he doesnt eat them. i dont eat much meat (just chicken and fish) and he wont eat chicken unless its fried. he also wont eat any kind of pasta...how in the hell am i supposed to cook for him and cut the costly junk off my grocery list!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yep..dont. I gave up. My son eats healthy and likes all kinds of food and i am not giving up feeding him good stuff just so my husband can have potatoes and chicken every night...and i'm not about to fix him something different. You get what ya get.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• One word to answer your title....DON'T. Tell him to grow the hell up.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have no idea...I'm glad my husband is a healthy eater. Maybe tell your hubby that he is on the road to having a heart attack! Good luck...
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Tell him he needs to be a good example to kids of eating lots of different foods (which is very true, kids learn a lot of eating habits from watching their parents)...and then make it a point to have as many meals as a family as possible so he has to think about them watching him eat.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my husband was the same way..then he joined the Army. Now he will eat anything lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• maybe a good idea would be to take turns cooking dinner. Agree to atleast try what the other has cooked. He may want to prepare mac n cheese and chicken nuggets on his night and on your night you can create whatever you want and if he dont like it then let him eat some left over nuggets
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Sorry. I'm a good cook and experiment a great deal. Luckily, my husband will eat whatever I serve.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Try this website there are tons of recipes

http://allrecipes.com/

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• "One word to answer your title....DON'T. Tell him to grow the hell up. "

I agree completely. My husband was like this in the beginning. Now he eats most things, or picks out what he truly doesn't like. I finally told him to suck it up that he needed to set a better example for our kids. It also helped that I told him I was worried about him dying young because of his poor diet and that our kids deserve to have a father that is willing to put them first. GUILT works!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My ex husband was just like that... and he was in the Army! *sigh* I completely stopped cooking for him. I bought him frozen pizza, hot pockets, and chicken tenders every two weeks... and he was fine with that.

Then I only had myself to worry about for the meals.... which means I got to eat anything I wanted.

We never took turns cooking, because he refused to cook. Before we got married his daily diet consisted of Taco Bell, burgers, and cheese pizza... Only cheese pizza.

He got what he wanted, I got what I wanted, and we both enjoyed dinner time much more with MUCH less stress.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2010