Do you celebrate Valentines Day?

I never have. I would rather my husband bring me flowers because he was thinking about me, not because he felt he had to because of a stupid holiday. However, I find myself decorating for it. I look at the party favors and can't wait for my son's holiday parties so I can be the mom that always brings party favors and plans the events. I think I just like decorating and making party favors. Plus, I like hearts lol.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no, but my husband does!! lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Ehhh...sort of. I will wish my boyfriend a Happy Valentines Day, and might get him a card, but I'm not hugely into it, like "let's go out to dinner and exchange gifts and be all lovey dovey". I much prefer when he gives me a spontaneous kiss on the forehead or slides his hand down my back to my hip and tells me he loves me on an average day than if he brings me chocolates and roses on a day that EVERYONE is celebrating. Just seems more..,real to me, if that makes sense.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I do... but I dont do anything extravagant... Ive ordered my love some chocolates for Valentines Day... and I dont expect much more myself. Then I am putting together a gift bag for baby... Pretty simple stuff... Then we will probably go to dinner and then cuddle after baby is sleep and watch a movie.

I dont understand it when people make it like a prom night and rent a limo and all that other jazz... Its sweet if youre into that, but its not for me. I prefer spontaneity.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i look at valentines day as that reminder in our busy lives to set aside everything and think of eachother. Yes i think it is overly celebrated and commercialized and there doesn't need to be a special day to remember the one you love, that should be every day. But, it just puts to the forefront not to forget. If you get what i mean. We don't do much. I am not much of a chocolate person, so it's hard for hubby to get me stuff. But, i love to buy stuff for him so i tend to make it a bigger deal. Last year for valentines day my daughter was 1 at the time, i made him a ceramic heart with her handprint in it and decorated it.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• It's my wedding anniversary, we don't celebrate the holiday as much as our anniversary.
    FuzzybugsMommy

Answer by FuzzybugsMommy at 11:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Kind of...we wish each other a Happy Valentines day, but other than that we don't do anything super special. I have fun doing things for my girls, though :) Heart pancakes, heart sandwiches, etc.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Not really. It just feels forced and unromantic to us, so we get something for our daughters instead.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• We do in a way...we say happy valentine's day and get eachother little gifts and a card...but that's pretty much it. Depends on our money situation. But to us valentines day is everyday for us minus the gifts.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yeah, we always do. We take advantage of any holiday to buy gifts. We buy something for our daughter also, just something small like a teddybear with the year on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• So your married and kinda have a boyfriend?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010