Is the H1N1 vaccination safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Health

• Nope.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Read about how viruses work. Is it safe, well, we have to wait to see how it affects genetics or immune systems. Is it effective? No.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 11:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I've declined to get it for myself and my daughter, so I dont know about other ppl but I dont trust it.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I dont think so. It was rushed through the trials. There are known physiological problems related to getting the vaccine.
    Anonymous

• I don't think anybody really knows, but I heard the pros and cons and everything else and I will not give it to my kids or myself.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• SO SCAREY ALL THE REPORTS THE GOOD NEWS IS NEXT YEARS FLU SHOT WILL HAVE IT ADDED. I THINK WHAT THE DEBATE IS THEY SEEMED TO HAVE TO RUSH AND THEN IT WAS NOT AVAILABLE QUICKLY. ITS ALSO YOUR DECISION, GOOD LUCK
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It really depends who you ask. As it is, I decided to get a version specifically available for pregnant women (no preservatives, as they contain mercury or something else that isn't necessarily safe). We made this choice because I get sick easily when pregnant, and next flu season, we will have an infant in the household as well as a toddler.

A lot of people are wary, and if you are wary and not high risk, I'd totally advise opting out. If you are high risk, I'd weigh it out a lot more before deciding.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I got it and my 17 month old twins also got it..we are fine....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I will never get it or give it my my daughter. Simply because the had a recall on them just about a month ago. I'll pass
    31spoken4

Answer by 31spoken4 at 5:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• This is one of those things that no one knows for sure. There are many doctors that differ in their opinion on its safeness.

Best thing you can do is do research and decide for yourself. Ask your doctor for their opinion.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 11:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2010