Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any one know if the Catholic religion offers

some kind of counseling groups for the community at large or for Catholic members whose lives have been affected by suicide, partners that is? thx. for a relative.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • I'm sure you could arrange counseling with the priest.

    Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • yes they do offer grieving support. so sorry for your loss. however if your local church does not, there are many services offered through the mental health agency. good luck

    Answer by ohio4 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

  • You can talk to your parish priest or call Catholic Charities. If the priest or Catholic Charitites doesn't help, then go to a private counselor for help. Best of luck, hun.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

  • Im sorry for your loss, but yes,your parish priest can give you grief counsoling and if he doesn't he should be able to steer you in the right direction.Good luck.

    Answer by Texan1993 at 4:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.