is it ok to still take my pre natal vitamins even though i gave birth 6 wks ago?

them seem to do me good!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Health

• Sure!! I took them and it helped to keep my hair from falling out all at once, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Yeah, it would be ok. As a matter of fact, they told me when I was breast feeding my kids to continue taking them until I decide to stop breastfeeding them. So I dont see why it wouldnt be ok after giving birth 6 weeks ago :D
    Mrs_Lidwell

Answer by Mrs_Lidwell at 4:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I don't see why not. When we were trying to conceive I took them for 4 years!! LOL They can't hurt you, and I know I felt better while taking them.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 5:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• you can take them all the time. They are just a regular multi-vitamin
    koodie78

Answer by koodie78 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• If you are breast feeding you should continue to take them until you are done. It is not harmful to continue them.. it will do you good. Give you energy and fill in any needs that your body may have. take care.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 6:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• They are safe to keep taking them, I'm not even pregnant and my doctor put me on them for my anemia. But as with anything you should ask your doctor.
    DJsNana

Answer by DJsNana at 8:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• If you're breastfeeding then it is actually suggested that you continue them. If not, you still can because they aren't going to hurt you at all :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was told by my doctor to continue to take them as long as I was breastfeeding and as long as it was possible for me to get pregnant again. Basically you can continue to take them forever if you want to.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• As long as you are breast feeding you need to be taking them. They are for before, during and after pregnancy.
    hollster

Answer by hollster at 4:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It is recommended to take them while nursing also. Do you take Prenatal Omega 3's also? If you would like to know about one of the best prenatal vitamins and prenatal omega 3's PM me.
    MentorByDesign

Answer by MentorByDesign at 4:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2008