my 11.5 month old knows how to climb out of his crib what should i do i dont want him to keep doing it cause afriad he will get hurt. any suggestion on what to do

thanks

victoriak12708

Asked by victoriak12708 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Move his mattress to the floor and get rid of the crib and invest in a very good baby gate.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• toddler bed. Which isn't going to be fun for you. But, not much else to do. Good luck.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I agree, move his matress onto the floor! If you straight move him into a toddler bed he will fall out but with the mattress on the floor it's not so far to fall! And, my dd was 13 mos when I moved her into a toddler bed... 11 mos when she slept on the floor! She fell out of her toddler bed ONCE and then slept sideways for a while but it's been working great! A way to keep him from staying up all night playing: take the toys out of the room! A baby gate is a better idea than what I've been doing... I shut the door and listen to the type of cry (lonely, bored, scared, hurt) but that way she can't see me moving around outside her door! Because your son figured out how to get out... better to put that mattress on the floor or in a toddler bed to keep him safer! Good luck!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• They sell something for this! It's called a cozy crib tent. They are awesome! You can still keep him in his crib. They are made by Tot's in Mind.
    http://www.totsinmind.com/products/CRIB.HTML
    We have one too, and it sure is an awesome product. Good luck!
    PinkyLove

Answer by PinkyLove at 11:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My daughter started flinging herself over the edge of her crib when she was about that age. We got her a toddler bed.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• you could get her a bed or put her mattress on the floor. i had a 5 yr old and a 13 mo old and he began climbing out and running to my room in the middle of the night or jumping into her toddler bed with her. so we took the queen mattress off the guest bed and put it on the floor, just until we could get him his own, but they both loved sleeping on it so much we are going to leave it there! before bed they unwind by jumping and rolling all over the bed and after their story the curl up together and go to sleep...now neither can sleep without the other in the bed!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2010