Pregnant with a cold

I am 19 weeks pregnant with a nasty cold. What can I take or do to feel better?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 11:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Best thing to do is take tylenol for the pain. Saline drops (or saline gel) and a cool mist humidifier for your nose. Keep poking the liquids down. Water, Gatorade anything you can. Rest will help you the most so make sure you are getting plenty of rest. Good luck hun
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 3:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• tylenol products were the only thing my doctor recommended. Tylenol cold. Hope you feel better.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• If you've got congestion, my doctor told me to take an over the counter medicine with Tussin and that's a DM. good luck!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I agree. My doctor okayed pretty much any type of tylenol. I'd check with your doctor just in case on monday, but try Tylenol even if only once or twice over the weekend. It sucks when you have a cold on top of backaches.
    Anonymous

• I was told only plain sudafed (and tylenol, of course). And even then only after the first trimester.

I'm sorry! You can use a humidifyer, mint tea, lots of vit. C and fluids and rest.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• For nasal congestion, a neti pot is a drug free solution. It washes everything out.

Oj and chicken soup actually work. You can get these vitamin drink pack mixes called Emergen-C that are awesome. They'll boost you back to life.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• CALL YOUR DOCTOR, ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING, WE DON'T KNOW YOUR HISTORY OR YOUR HEALTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• drink hot lemon water and start drinking more 100% juice. As far as meds go, ask your doctor
    31spoken4

Answer by 31spoken4 at 5:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2010