hospital problems...

how many times has a nurse "stuck" or placed a tournequet on your baby while trying to take blood or put in an IV?

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OP here: my son is currently admitted in the hospital and he's 10 weeks.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i had my daughter in the ER a week after she was born with jaundice and they couldn't get a vain. She was screaming, I was balling, it was a mess. They stuck her at least a dozen times, tried in her head too. Finally got one on her foot.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• It is how you draw blood. I'm sorry you are having this experience. Please stay strong! Good luck and blessings on you and your baby.
    Anonymous

• It's hard for those nurses to get veins in little ones - some are really good at it - when my little ones were in the NICU you kind of got to know who the senior gals were who were really good at stuff like that - quite often they are the ones that the emerg docs request to come help them find veins on little kids or elderly ladies with little bird arms. Try to figure out who the good ones are and ask for them to do blood draws if you are there when they do them.

Rest assured your little one will not remember this momma..I know it's really hard but it's necessary. Hoping your little one recovers soon from whatever is ailing him.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2010