To Anonymous I never said my son's ADHD was the reason I'm sick,anyway it's hard to quit smoking when you're under a lot of stress as I am but some of you came up with some great answers and I'll try to quit.I'm literally down to one cigarette a day but does anybody know of Welbutrin XL helping you quit easier besides gums and patches?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 11:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Health

• Is this Wandaluv?
    Anonymous

• If you are down to one cig a day, you can do this. I was to one a day for six months! Then one day it was like...why am I doing this to myself?
    Anonymous

• An anti depressant is not made to help you quit smoking. This is a will power issue that only you can fix.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Welbutrin was created as a antidepressant and then doctors realized it made their patients quit smoking. It is now marketed under the new name of Zyban. My husband and my mother used it and both quit completely. Both have been smoke free for 7 years.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Welbutrin is still sold as an anti depressant.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Sara, they have found that MANY medicines have other benefits other than their original purpose. It doesn't make the use any less valid.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 11:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Qutting smoking by using a pill is usually a quick fix. Learning how to control your stress without medication is the best way to quit smoking.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Have you ever quit smoking Sara? I smoked for 20 years and quit. It is a hell of a lot harder then you think.
    Anonymous

• No, but I have quit other things of which are just as hard. Once you learn self discipline you can overcome anything.

SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• "Qutting smoking by using a pill is usually a quick fix. Learning how to control your stress without medication is the best way to quit smoking. "

Well thank God for this quick fix.... it worked.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2010