Holistic vs Modern?

I need advice! I am an expecting parent and my partner, who I Love very much, is not a naturalist or Holistic individual. It is very difficult to talk about parenting when he is so modern and I am so Holistic. Most of my friends have modern approaches to life and parenting as well. I feel like I'm alone in the ideas of attachment parenting and raising our child vegan. Any ideas?

OrganicMomnDad

Asked by OrganicMomnDad at 11:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would educate him on the subject. I'm very natural myself and my parents or friends don't understand it. I usually compare it to something modern that they think is so amazing. I once informed my friend on want asprin can do to your body. He now drinks apple juice for his headaches.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I've been a vegetarian since we have been together and he knows how I am by now. I try to educate him on why I think these things are so important but many times he say I'm being controlling or dramatic. I know that many parents raise their children holistically, I just think it's difficult when two people are not on the same page. I don't want to give into my beliefs, but I also don't want to always feel like I'm on the defensive.
    OrganicMomnDad

Answer by OrganicMomnDad at 11:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I don't really have any ideas on how to convert anyone to a more natural approach. I did have my husband watch The Business of Being Born and he got a deeper understanding on my desires to have a homebirth. He was, however, born and raised in El Salvador, where the majority of women give birth in their homes. I would just try to express to him how much it means to...on a maternal level. Sometimes, when us women use our sweetness and maternal instincts, we can do amazing things in the negotiation department! Good luck!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2010